Being grateful will change the way you see life
“Walk as if you were kissing the Earth with your feet” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
Gratitude leads to greatness. You can literally turn what you have into more than enough. Work in joy, chaos in order, uncertainty in clarity.
And bring peace to a day that would otherwise have been chaotic. And what is the easiest way to be grateful? Well, just thank. Recognize that the good things in your life are the essence of your happiness.
Let’s look at these 10 principles of gratitude (and how they affect you)
1. The more grateful you are, the more things you will attract to thank
- Be grateful for what you have and you will end up having more.
- Focus on what you don’t have, and you will never have enough.
2. Being happy will not always make you grateful, but being grateful will always make you happy
- It is almost impossible to appreciate a moment and frown at the same time.
- Being happy right now doesn’t mean you want more, it means you’re grateful for what you have and what’s to come.
3. Gratitude fosters true forgiveness, which is the only one with which you can honestly say “Thank you for that experience.”
- There is no point in condemning or repenting of an important life lesson.
- Gratitude gives meaning to yesterday, brings peace to the present, and creates a positive vision for the future.
4. You will never need more than what you have been given
- They say that giving thanks is the best way to pray. Instead of praying for things, give thanks for what you already have.
- When life gives you reasons to be negative, think of a reason to be positive. There is always something to be thankful for.
5. Gratitude includes everything
- Good days give you happiness and bad days give you lessons. Both are necessary.
- All things have made progress, you must include them all in your gratitude. And this is especially true in relationships. All the people who go through your life, if you give them a chance, have something to teach you.
6. Do not forget that the greatest gratitude does not stop with just saying words, you have to live based on them every day
- The most important thing is not what you say, it is how you live it.
- Don’t just talk, show it. Don’t just promise, show it.
7. Gratitude includes giving back
- In the hustle and bustle of our lives we hardly realize that we receive much more than we give, and life cannot be full without that gratitude.
- It is so easy to overestimate our efforts compared to what we owe to the help of others.
8. The greatest tribute to the people and experiences you have lost is not pain, it is gratitude
- Just because something doesn’t last forever doesn’t mean it wasn’t an amazing gift.
- Be thankful that your paths came together and you had the opportunity to experience something wonderful.
9. To be truly grateful you must be in the present
- Stop and watch. Breath deeply. Here and now.
- We often forget that the greatest miracle is not walking on water. The greatest miracle is to walk on this green land and live in the present moment, appreciate it and feel completely alive.
10. Letting go of control multiplies the potential for gratitude
- Sometimes we place too much importance on controlling every tiny aspect of our lives, causing us to lose our way.
- Learn to let yourself go, relax a little and travel the path that life takes you. Experience something new, don’t be afraid, but above all, be your best self and be proud of it. Cleaning your life of unnecessary expectations will truly allow you to experience the unexpected. And the greatest joys in life are those that are not expected.
“Life should be lived with a little more GRATITUDE and a little less ATTITUDE.”Advertisement
That is what I intend every day of my life, and I would be honored if you join.