Although we know that body hair is completely natural and normal, many girls tend to wax because they feel more comfortable without it and that is completely respectable, as well as not doing it.
There are many methods of hair removal, from the rake, wax strips and epilation machines to lasers. However, we always look for the one that, in addition to removing the hair effectively, is not so expensive or painful. That is why we want to introduce you to another procedure that you will love: hair removal with sugar.
What is sugar hair removal?
This type of hair removal is also known as sugaring and is used as an alternative to wax, rake, epilator, or laser hair removal. In addition, it is characterized by using natural ingredients and not irritating or damaging the skin.
You may think that it is something completely new, but the reality is that it has existed since Ancient Egypt. Many brands have been in charge of producing their own mix and selling it, but it is so simple to do that you can create your own version. In addition, it is more natural and much cheaper.
How is it different from traditional hair removal?
Although for some girls it may be the same, because the sugaring and waxing pulls the hair from the roots, the difference lies in the ingredients used and their properties. Despite the fact that many times the wax promises to be natural and completely beneficial for the skin, we cannot deny that many of us have injured ourselves when performing a waxing with this product.
Get to work and prepare your own mix
Being a mixture with completely natural ingredients, it goes without saying that you can make it yourself at home. So we better share the ingredients and their preparation.
- 2 glasses of sugar
- 1/2 glass of water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Place the sugar in a saucepan and gradually add the water, move in a circular way (let the spoon touch the floor of the saucepan, in this way, you will know that it is not sticking) until it is a thick and golden mixture.
- If you can take the mixture and manipulate it with your fingers, it means that it is ready for you to add the lemon juice. Keep moving for 10 more minutes.
- Once the mixture is homogeneous, add the two tablespoons of honey and keep moving, but now more slowly and only for two minutes.
- Let its temperature drop a bit and then it is ready to use.
- Make sure that the area you want to depilate is clean and without any type of product such as cream, oil or perfume. In this way, the sugaring it will stick more easily.
- Wash your hands well and take a little wax that you will smear on the skin in the opposite direction to hair growth. This is where you will notice that the wax is cooling down or is at a suitable temperature.
- Distribute the wax well throughout the area, until there is a thin layer and without waiting, pull it in the opposite direction to which it was applied (that is, in the direction of hair growth).
- Repeat this process as many times as you want or are necessary.
- When you’re done, apply some moisturizer or aloe vera gel to soothe the skin.
It has many benefits!
If you have come this far it is because you want to know more about the sugaring. And who doesn’t? It is perfect! So to share a little more about this method, these are just some of the benefits of the famous and beloved sugar waxing.
- It is inexpensive and as durable as traditional wax.
- It hurts much less than using epilators, waxing, or even laser hair removal.
- It is perfect even if the hair is short. In addition, it is used at room temperature.
- Helps in the regeneration of the skin and remove dead cells.
- Contains no toxins or artificial ingredients.
- It can be used in any area of the body.