Bracelet tattoos or Armband Tattoos are one of the favorite designs among men and women, as they look spectacular on the arm, thighs, wrists or ankles. There are different styles with their own meaning for each person and they are aesthetically beautiful, whether small, with letters, thick, with thorns, linear or in a watercolor style.
Although the artist can apply his imagination to modify the linear tattoo and turn it into a bracelet on the wrist, usually the tattoo of armbands is located on the arm and forearm. It does not matter if it is the first tattoo, a bracelet is an ideal and elegant option to decorate the body.
Symbolism of armband tattoo
Since there are multiple designs in the form of a bracelet, men and women give it their own meaning. However, the black line tattoos, also known as the arm band tattoo, come from the Japanese tradition, specifically from the Edo period.
Formerly, the tattoo was imposed on criminals as a mark of shame for their crimes. The meaning evolved until the tattoo of black lines represented a distinctive aspect for criminals, from which it took greater relevance among Japanese mafia crime groups.
On the other hand, there are those who give a meaning of mourning to black bracelets. The tattoo represents for them the loss of a loved one and in turn, the desire to carry the memory of that person forever.
In other cases, tattoos with parallel black lines, represent for some people a continuous cycle, where everything returns to its starting point. The beginning is the end, and so on.
As with any tattoo, the meaning of bracelet tattoos depends exclusively on the approach you want to give it. The numerous designs serve as a source of inspiration and a starting point. Must Read: 100+ Viking Tattoos With Meaning
Most tattooed designs in this category
– Of flowers: The various flowers represent different meanings. Cherry blossom tattoos symbolize femininity and love. In Hawaiian culture, its flowers represent pride and tradition. Whether in color or exclusively linear, these designs are popular among young people more than for their own sense, it is for visual aesthetics.
– Inlaid stones: In some cases, you can imitate stone or diamonds in the shape of a bracelet, with exceptional glitters that give the feeling of being a 3D tattoo.
– With black lines: One of the most common, although that does not mean it is elegant and daring. The bracelet with black lines, whether thick or thin, is usually seen on the forearm in both men and women. A simple but aesthetic touch.
– Barbed wire: While some people prefer more delicate details like vines and flowers, inspired by plant beauty, there are others who are more comfortable with a more aggressive theme. The barbwire, or flower spines, decorating the arm with ribbon is a classic tattoo.
– Celtic cross: Among the most acclaimed models, is that of Celtic crosses. For believers, the Celtic cross represents a religious symbol in a combination of the Christian cross with an intercepted circle in the middle and is usually decorated with vines or flames of fire. There is no single meaning for this type of tattoo, but the ring in the center is considered by some artists to represent the solar cross, the oldest spiritual symbol in the world.
– Celtic knots: This design represents that which has no end. The way the knots intersect each other captivates the eye and symbolizes the intertwined paths between two predestined people.
– Of mandalas: one of the selected trends in 2019 is the tattoo on the wrist in an ornamental or mandala shape. In women, designs are often seen imitating the henna tattoo of the Hindu culture.
– Landscapes: The portrait of a significant landscape for the person or destination that one day aspires to achieve, are an excellent idea for a bracelet tattoo. Must Read: Finger tattoos, everything you need to know
– From tribal marks: Tribal marks are accepted in many cultures around the world. The most common are Maori tattoos, originating from the indigenous culture on the island of New Zealand. They are tattoos loaded with cultural value and with a fascinating love story that transcends borders, capable of becoming popular among isolated people in the country of origin of this tribe.
– From dreamcatcher: In the culture of Native Americans, dream catchers are amulets that protect during sleep against nightmares. In addition, the dream catchers are a symbol of the transcendence of life, of weaving its own path but with a hole in the middle to eliminate negative thoughts and fears. In a bracelet this design can be seen in a simple and small way, sometimes only representing the characteristic feathers of the amulet.
Must Read: Elephant tattoo designs and their meaning
Armband Tattoo designs of bangles and bracelets
The design of many armband tattoos is deep and mysterious, it is one of the reasons why wrist tattoos are having so much success with both men and women. The convoluted designs and the possible meanings that are enclosed behind, make these tattoos something very appetizing.
Most of the designs that we can find are mainly Polynesian armband tattoos and other difficult to identify tribal tattoos. Must Read: 100+ Best Angel Tattoo Ideas
We can also see designs that mix a bit of everything, with references from different cultures such as in the case of Indian tattoos or those that relate to the Celtic population, without neglecting the presence of more personal elements and that we find as a central element.
They can be clover tattoos or Hawaiian tattoos with a flower in the center, others that imitate stone or those that simulate being a real bracelet tattoo, with diamond-encrusted tattoos and some glitters that make it a fantastic 3d tattoo.
Arm band tattoos
The arm brand tattoos have always been among the most popular, have been coupled and adapted to the different trends because it is a very moldable tattoo and reinvents easily. Must Read: 101 Best Tattoos for Men with Meaning- Big, Small & Colored
Black armband tattoos have their own meaning. Very particular and very intriguing, the meaning of the black armband tattoo is linked to the Japanese tradition and in particular to the Edo period. It is a very common style among tattoos for men today.
Armband Tattoo Designs
This type of tattoo is generally derived from a crime committed and was therefore imposed as a sign of shame by another person, the prison, and the judicial authorities. Later, the black armband tattoo began to represent a kind of distinctive ornament for criminals, hence the tradition of Japanese tattoos in the Japanese mafia and organized crime.
Today the black bracelet tattoo has nothing to do with these lines that were tattooed to thieves centuries ago, and are a merely aesthetic and visual complement.
Parallel line tattoos on the arm What do they mean?
Well, it really is very risky to insure this or that meaning of parallel line tattoos on the arm. It is a trend within modern tattoos and there is an intense debate on whether they are such and such. Must Read: BEST SMALL TATTOOS FOR WOMEN 2020
You have to know that tattoos with black bands or parallel lines are quite complicated to do and that it is very laborious to draw a line around the arm and it is straight. It is not like other tattoos on the arms where the design adapts and you can go tattooing in parts, in this case, the slightest unevenness in the line ruins the symmetry.
About the meaning of tattoos with parallel black lines, some people say that it is a way of representing a continuous trip, protection or that everything returns to its starting point.
As in all tattoos, the meaning of two parallel lines tattoos depends on the approach you want to give it, and that is why you have this compilation of tattoo designs and ideas that will surely serve as an inspiration and a starting point to make yours.